The vision we share and the transparency in how we go about it is very important to us here at Bright Star Foundation…
The Bright Star Foundation acknowledges the generous contribution of our community here in Launceston, Tasmania. We appreciate your help with helping us raise awareness and raise funds to support the children of South Sudan.
All funds raised are kept in a bank account under the Foundation’s name here until it is safe to travel to South Sudan and deliver materials to our schools. All members of the Bright Star Foundation Executive Committee are volunteers and do not benefit financially from donations or events. When it safe to travel, two of our committee members (usually Besta and Kerryal) embark on a long journey from Launceston to South Sudan to personally deliver the funds to our four schools and/or buy materials on the ground and deliver them to the schools.
The Bright Star Foundation funds are not used for these trips in any way. Our members travel at their own costs. The only times Bright Star Foundation funds may be used is to maintain our website which is currently being developed and will be launched shortly. We aim to network with volunteers in the community who are able to help us with this technical side of the foundation and avoid these costs in the future.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Bright Star Foundation Committee
The site is owned and operated by the proprietors of Bright Star Foundation. The material included herein, including text and graphics, and the selection and arrangement thereof are copyrighted © by Bright Star Foundation - All Rights Reserved.
No material from www.deraycontractors.com.au may be copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. You may print in hard copy portions of this web site with the sole intent of using the information to benefit your knowledge and experience at the Bright Star Foundation.
Printing material for any other reason, or transferring it for use on any other website, or the modification, distribution, or republication of this material without prior written permission and or consent from the Bright Star Foundation establishment is strictly prohibited.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the material contained on this site. The information on this site is made available to you on the understanding that it is for guidance and information purposes only.
Users should independently verify the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the material on this site, or information contained in it if need be. Changes in circumstances after a document has been placed on the Internet may impact on the accuracy or currency of the information. For particular queries, or to assist in ascertaining currency of information, please contact Bright Star Foundation via the contact page on this site.
Links to other websites are provided in good faith, but no assurance can be given as to the quality, accuracy, or relevance of material on such sites. We do not control these websites and the varied material they contain, and therefore take no responsibility for them in any capacity.
Bright Star Foundation is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information you may provide when visiting our website or registering for our newsletter. Part of that commitment is to explain what information may be collected and why, how it will be used and who may have access to it. Our practices have been designed to ensure compliance with the privacy provisions of the new Privacy Amendment (Public Sector) Act 2000. This privacy statement applies to interactions with the Bright Star Foundation website. It does not apply to any other website(s) that are linked to our website.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
• When you visit the Bright Star Foundation website, you do so anonymously there is no need to tell us who you are.
• If you direct an enquiry to us via the website, we will ask you to provide your name and phone number and email address for the purpose of responding to your enquiry. Only those who "need to know" - (Bright Star Foundation's management) will have access to the personal information provided.
• The Bright Star Foundation website does not collect or retain your email address in a database format unless you have applied to receive our Bright Star Foundation newsletter.
SESSION INFORMATION COLLECTED:
• The Bright Star Foundation website logs the date and time of the visit, the web pages or services accessed, the type of browser and operating system and the IP address of all site visitors. An IP address is the number automatically assigned to the computer or to the ISP (Internet Service Provider) that is requesting a website content page.
• We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track visitors' movements and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Information is also collected for the purpose of assessing system performance, improving web services and web site management. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONNEL INFORMATION:
Bright Star Foundation is obligated to protect your personal information by making reasonable security arrangements against such risks as unauthorised access collection, use, disclosure or disposal. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation and day-to-day operating practices as part of the Bright Star Foundation's commitment to the protection of personal information it holds. This information is by no means sold onto interested parties, or organisational bodies that might request it.
CHANGE TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT:
Bright Star Foundation may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to our web site. As a result, you should visit this page periodically to review the contents.
For more information or clarification about this privacy statement, please contact us via our secure contact form.